Friday, September 3, 2010

Father's Day


We have been very busy prepping for a manic weekend of picnics for all those daddys out there. Been trawling the net for inspirational quotes and found some fabulous ones,many of them made me cry, having recently lost my gorgeous daddy, it all makes me feel a teeny bit sad. BUT, I am so happy to be making pretty things for all those wonderful fathers out there.

Happy Father's day for Sunday to all the brilliant dads out there - and to mine too.

Here are some of my favourite quotes:

A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.

Knights of Pythagoras

My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.

Jim Valvano

A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.
-- Author Unknown

There are three stages of a man's life: He believes in Santa Claus, he doesn't believe in Santa Claus, he is Santa Claus.

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.
-- Mark Twain

4years: My Daddy can do anything!

7 years: My Dad knows a lot…a whole lot.


8 years: My father does not know quite everything.


12 years: Oh well, naturally Father does not know that either.


14 years: Oh, Father? He is hopelessly old-fashioned.


21 years: Oh, that man-he is out of date!


25 years: He knows a little bit about it, but not much.


30 years: I must find out what Dad thinks about it.


35 years: Before we decide, we will get Dad's idea first.


50 years: What would Dad have thought about that?


60 years: My Dad knew literally everything!


65 years: I wish I could talk it over with Dad once more.



No comments:

Post a Comment